Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Caution is needed when describing a study design as meta-epidemiological.J Clin Epidemiol. 2022; (Online ahead of print)
- What is a meta-epidemiological study? Analysis of published literature indicated heterogeneous study designs and definitions.J Comp Eff Res. 2020; 9: 497-508
- Statistical methods for assessing the influence of study characteristics on treatment effects in “meta-epidemiological” research.Stat Med. 2002; 21: 1513-1524
- Meta-analysis and the meta-epidemiology of clinical research.BMJ. 1997; 315: 617-619
- Guidelines for reporting meta-epidemiological methodology research.Evid Based Med. 2017; 22: 139-142
- That's so meta [Internet].(Merriam-Webster. Available at:)https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/meta-adjective-self-referentialDate: 2017Date accessed: December 17, 2022
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Author contributions: Yuki Kataokahad full access to all the data in the study and took responsibility for the integrity of the data and the accuracy of the data analysis. Drafting of the manuscript: YK. Critical revision of the manuscript for important intellectual content: Masahiro Banno, Yasushi Tsujimoto, and Toshi A. Furukawa. All authors gave final approval of the version to be published and agreed to be accountable for all aspects of this work.
Conflict of interest: Yuki Kataoka: none known. Masahiro Banno: none known. Yasushi Tsujimoto: none known. Toshi A. Furukawa: TAF reports personal fees from DT Axis, Kyoto University Original, Merck Sharp & Dohme and Sony Group Corporation and a grant from Shionogi, outside the submitted work; In addition, TAF has patents 2020-548587 and 2022-082495 pending, and intellectual properties for Kokoro-app licensed to Mitsubishi-Tanabe.