Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Assessing the certainty of evidence of test accuracy studies when there are challenges with establishing a reference standard.J Clin Epidemiol. 2022;
Reed M. H. Challenges with the Need to Improve the Reference Standard in Diagnostic Imaging: Paper 1: Two challenges: Absence of a clear cut, easily replicable test for the Reference Standard; Unethical/infeasible inclusion of an invasive procedure as the Reference Standard. n.d.
- Systematic review and meta-analysis of test accuracy for the diagnosis of suspected pulmonary embolism.Blood Adv. 2020; 4: 4296-4311
- A practical guide to virtual autopsy: why, when and how.Semin Ultrasound CT MR. 2019; 40: 56-66
- Acute pulmonary embolism: imaging techniques, findings, endovascular treatment and differential diagnoses.Rofo. 2020; 192: 38-49
- Overdiagnosis versus mis diagnosis of pulmonary embolism.Am J Roentgenol. 2016; 206: W59
- Evidence in diagnostic imaging: going beyond accuracy.J Am Coll Radiol. 2012; 9: 90-92
- Point-of-care ultrasonography in patients with acute dyspnea: an evidence report for a clinical practice guideline by the American college of physicians.Ann Intern Med. 2021; 174: 967-976
- Point-of-care ultrasonography in patients admitted with respiratory symptoms: a single-blind, randomised controlled trial.Lancet Respir Med. 2014; 2: 638-646
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Dr. Reed is the sole author.
The author states that he had full access to all the data in this study and the author takes complete responsibility for the integrity of the data and the accuracy of the data analysis.
Declarations of interest: There are no conflicts of interest to disclose.