Study Design and Setting
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Clinical Epidemiology
- How quickly do systematic reviews go out of date? A survival analysis.Ann Intern Med. 2007; 147: 224-233
- When and how to update systematic reviews: consensus and checklist.BMJ. 2016; 354: i3507
- Systematic reviews: when is an update an update?.Lancet. 2006; 367: 881-883
- Epidemiology and reporting characteristics of non-Cochrane updates of systematic reviews: a cross-sectional study.Res Synth Methods. 2020; 11: 471-483
- Higgins J.P.T. Thomas J. Chandler J. Cumpston M. Li T. Page M.J. Cochrane Handbook for Systematic Reviews of Interventions version 6.3 (updated February 2022). Cochrane. 2022 (Available at)www.training.cochrane.org/handbookDate accessed: December 19, 2022
- Living systematic reviews. Cochrane Community.(Available at)https://community.cochrane.org/review-production/production-resources/living-systematic-reviewsDate accessed: August 31, 2022
- What kind of systematic review should i conduct? A proposed typology and guidance for systematic reviewers in the medical and health sciences.BMC Med Res Methodol. 2018; 18: 1-9
- When to replicate systematic reviews of interventions: consensus checklist.BMJ. 2020; 370: m2864
- Definition of a systematic review used in overviews of systematic reviews, meta-epidemiological studies and textbooks.BMC Med Res Methodol. 2019; 19: 1-12
- If there is only one author or only one database was searched, a study should not be called a systematic review.J Clin Epidemiol. 2017; 91: 4-5
Funding: The authors did not receive any extramural funding for this project.
Ethics approval and consent to participate: The study protocol was approved by the ethics committee of the Catholic University of Croatia. All participants were informed in the survey invitation that their response to our e-mail survey would indicate that they consent to participate in the study.
Competing interests: The authors declare that they have no competing interests.
Declaration of interest: The authors have no conflict of interest to disclose.
Consent for publication: Not applicable.
Availability of data and materials: Raw data collected during this study are available in Supplementary File 4 and on Open Science Framework; URL: https://osf.io/zhc3n/.
Author Contributions: LP, TR, and DP conceived and designed the study. RR, AJK, ER, KG, JM, and RLP participated in screening and data extraction. All authors participated in resolving discrepancies. RR and ER wrote the first draft of the manuscript. All authors contributed to the editing of the manuscript and preparing the final version. All authors approved the final version of the manuscript.