Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Predatory journals: no definition, no defence.Nature. 2019; 576: 210-212
- Science report: the race against time for smarter development.UNESCO Publishing, Paris2021
- Stop this waste of people, animals and money.Nature. 2017; 549: 23-25
- Academic E-mail overload and the burden of “academic spam.”.Acad Pathol. 2020; 7 (2374289519898858)
- Cabell’s international - about predatory reports.(Available at)https://www2.cabells.com/about-predatoryDate accessed: August 11, 2022
- A descriptive study found low prevalence of presumed predatory publications in a subset of Cochrane reviews.J Clin Epidemiol. 2022;
- How frequently are articles in predatory open access journals cited.Publications. 2020; 8: 17
- Meta-epidemiological study of publication integrity, and quality of conduct and reporting of randomized trials included in a systematic review of low back pain.J Clin Epidemiol. 2021; 134: 65-78
- Dealing with predatory journal articles captured in systematic reviews.Syst Rev. 2021; 10: 175
- A guide to knowledge synthesis - CIHR 2010.(Available at)https://cihr-irsc.gc.ca/e/41382.htmlDate accessed: August 11, 2022
- Should I include studies from “predatory” journals in a systematic review? Interim guidance for systematic reviewers.JBI Evid Synth. 2021; 19: 1915-1923
- Predatory publishing dilutes and distorts evidence in systematic reviews.J Clin Epidemiol. 2020; 121: 117-119
- Inclusion of predatory journals in Scopus is inflating scholars’ metrics and advancing careers.Int J Public Health. 2020; 65: 3-4
- How predatory journals leak into PubMed.CMAJ. 2018; 190: E1042-E1045
- Checklists to detect potential predatory biomedical journals: a systematic review.BMC Med. 2020; 18: 104
- Data fabrication and other reasons for non-random sampling in 5087 randomised, controlled trials in anaesthetic and general medical journals.Anaesthesia. 2017; 72: 944-952
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Competing interests: There are no competing financial, professional, or personal interests that might have influences on the performance or presentation of the work described in this manuscript.
Declaration of interests: The authors declare that they have no known competing financial interests or personal relationships that could have appeared to influence the work reported in this article.
Author Contributions: Guarantor: M.M.L.; Writing–original draft: M.M.L.; Writing–review and editing: All authors.