- •Introduction to collaborative evidence networks.
- •Overview of the role of collaborative evidence networks.
- •A review of the functions and form of the JBI collaboration using a network functions approach.
- •Collaborative evidence networks facilitate evidence synthesis, transfer and implementation.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Building capacity for evidence-based public health: reconciling the pulls of practice and the push of research.Annu Rev Public Health. 2018; 39: 27-53
- How to implement evidence-based healthcare.John Wiley & Sons, Oxford, UK2017
- Building capacity: getting evidence-based practice into healthcare professional curricula.BMJ Evid Based Med. 2020; 26: 246
- Progress in evidence-based medicine.JAMA. 2008; 300: 1814-1816
- Do evidence networks make a difference?.J Dev Eff. 2018; 10: 171-178
- The evidence ecosystem in South Africa: growing resilience and institutionalisation of evidence use.Palgrave Commun. 2019; 5: 1-12
- Knowledge, networks, and knowledge networks: a review and research agenda.J Manag. 2012; 38: 1115-1166
- Camarinha-Matos L.M. Afsarmanesh H. Collaborative networks. International conference on programming languages for manufacturing. Springer, New York, NY2006
- Not everything that connects is a network.ODI Background Note, London, UK2011
- Understanding networks: the functions of research policy networks.Citeseer, London, UK2006
- Building effective research policy networks: linking function and form.Citeseer, London, UK2006
- A short history of a big idea: the Joanna Briggs Institute 1996–2006.Ausmed Publications, Melbourne, Australia2006
- The updated Joanna Briggs Institute model of evidence-based healthcare.Int J Evid Based Healthc. 2019; 17: 58-71
- Redeveloping the JBI model of evidence based healthcare.Int J Evid Based Healthc. 2018; 16: 227-241
- The JBI model of evidence-based healthcare.Int J Evidence-Based Healthc. 2005; 3: 207-215
- Realigning organization culture for optimal performance: six principles & eight practices.Organ Dev J. 2009; 27: 30-46
- Aromataris E. Munn Z. JBI manual for evidence synthesis. JBI,
2020 (Available at)https://synthesismanual.jbi.globalDate accessed: July 14, 2021
- Porritt K. Lockwood C. Munn Z. JBI handbook for evidence implementation. JBI,
2020 (Available at)https://implementationmanual.jbi.globalDate accessed: July 14, 2021
- An international educational training course for conducting systematic reviews in health care: the Joanna Briggs Institute's comprehensive systematic review training program.Worldviews Evid Based Nurs. 2018; 15: 401-408
- The ripple effect of evidence implementation: a descriptive evaluation of JBI's evidence-based clinical fellowship program.JBI Evid Implement. 2021; 19: 142-148
- Facilitation of evidence implementation within a clinical fellowship program: a mixed methods study.JBI Evid Implement. 2021; 19: 130-141
- JBIC resource portal.(Available at)
- JBI collaboration handbook. Australia: JBI.(Available at)
- The development of software to support multiple systematic review types: the Joanna Briggs institute system for the unified management, assessment and review of information (JBI SUMARI).Int J Evid Based Healthc. 2019; 17: 36-43
- Promoting continence in nursing homes in four European countries: the use of PACES as a mechanism for improving the uptake of evidence-based recommendations.Int J Evid Based Healthc. 2012; 10: 388-396
- Interorganizational networks at the network level: a review of the empirical literature on whole networks.J Manag. 2007; 33: 479-516
- A review of the evidence on developing and supporting policy and practice networks.Carnegie UK Trust, Carnegie, UK2021https://apo.org.au/sites/default/files/resource-files/2021-05/apo-nid312109.pdfDate accessed: December 19, 2021
- Knowledge networks in an uncompetitive region: SME innovation and growth.Growth Change. 2009; 40: 227-259
- Interprofessional collaboration in research, education, and clinical practice: working together for a better future.J Chiropr Educ. 2015; 29: 1-10
- The design and implementation of cross-sector collaborations: propositions from the literature.Public Adm Rev. 2006; 66: 44-55
- Collaborative networks are the organization: an innovation in organization design and management.Vikalpa. 2010; 35: 1-14
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Conflicts of interest: B.P. is the manager of the global relations division of JBI, which encompasses the JBI Collaboration, the chair of the World Evidence-Based Healthcare Day Steering Committee, and a member of the Global Evidence Summit Global Organising Committee.