- •Evidence implementation is a collaborative human process, supported, not driven by IT, therefore planning in a collaborative context should be inclusive of people, process, evidence, and technology.
- •Sustainability requires the need for processes and programs that can be integrated within existing healthcare organization structures.
- •Sustainability in the JBI approach is intrinsic to how stakeholder engagement (communication and collaboration) within the localization of knowledge (culture) and how responsiveness within local capacity has been considered in the planning phase.
- •Healthcare provider-led change is feasible and beneficial, but needs to be supported with facilitation, practice change knowledge, leadership, as well as tools and resources that are low cost and accessible.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The updated Joanna Briggs Institute model of evidence-based healthcare.Int J Evid Based Healthc. 2019; 17: 58-71
- Health research translation: a rapid review of terms used and their meaning.2019
- PARIHS revisited: from heuristic to integrated framework for the successful implementation of knowledge into practice.Implement Sci. 2016; 11: 33
- Strategies for effective facilitation as a component of an evidence-based clinical fellowship program.J Contin Educ Nurs. 2017; 48: 458-463
- Utilization focused evaluation.4th ed. Sage, Saint Paul, (MN)2008
- The Joanna Briggs Institute clinical fellowship program: a gateway opportunity for evidence-based quality improvement and organizational culture change.Int J Evid Based Healthc. 2020; 18: 1-4
- The ripple effect of evidence implementation: a descriptive evaluation of JBI's Evidence-based Clinical Fellowship Program.JBI Evid Implement. 2020; 19: 142-148
- Prevention and treatment of oral mucositis among cancer patients in the hematology–oncology setting: a best practice implementation project.Int J Evid Based Healthc. 2020; 18: 420-430
- Promotion of early breast milk expression among mothers of preterm infants in the neonatal ICU in an obstetrics and gynaecology hospital: a best practice implementation project.JBI Evid Implement. 2020; 18: 278-287
- Behaviour science: theoretical domains framework representation within nursing implementation studies.Manag Health. 2019; 23: 3-6
- Promoting correct positioning and attachment in breastfeeding infants born by section cesarean in the La Fe Hospital in Spain: a best-practice implementation project.JBI Evid Implement. 2020; 18: 297-307
- Audit and feedback using the Robson classification to reduce caesarean section rates: a systematic review.BJOG. 2018; 125: 36-42
- Manually-generated reminders delivered on paper: effects on professional practice and patient outcomes.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2019; 12: Cd001174
- When is audit and feedback effective in dementia care? A systematic review.Int J Nurs Stud. 2018; 79: 27-35
- Prevention and treatment of oral mucositis among cancer patients in the hematology-oncology setting: a best practice implementation project.Int J Evid Based Healthc. 2020; 18: 420-430
- Appraisal of Richmond Agitation Sedation Scale in a respiratory critical care unit: a best practice implementation project.JBI Database System Rev Implementat Rep. 2019; 17: 1717-1726
- Fluid balance monitoring among congestive heart failure patient in the general hospital: a best practice implementation project.JBI Database System Rev Implement Rep. 2019; 17: 2202-2211
- Porritt K. McArthur A. Lockwood C. Munn Z. JBI Manual for evidence implementation. JBI, 2020 (Available at)
- Readiness of U.S. Nurses for Evidence-Based Practice: many don’t understand or value research and have had little or no training to help them find evidence on which to base their practice.Am J Nurs. 2005; 105: 40-51
- Evidence-based practice point-of-care resources: a Quantitative evaluation of quality, Rigor, and content.Worldviews Evid Based Nurs. 2015; 12: 313-327
- Priorities and challenges for health leadership and workforce management globally: a rapid review.BMC Health Serv Res. 2019; 19: 239
- Implementation of sustainable complex interventions in health care services: the triple C model.BMC Health Serv Res. 2021; 21: 143
- Transitional care from hospital to home for older people: implementation of best practices.Rev Bras Enferm. 2020; 73: e20200187
- Screening and detection of delirium in an adult critical care setting.JBI Evid Implement. 2021; 19: 337-346
- Prevention and management of primary postpartum hemorrhage among puerperae in a teaching hospital in São Paulo, Brazil: a best practice implementation project.JBI Database System Rev Implement Rep. 2019; 17: 414-428
- Central line bundle maintenance among adults in a university hospital intensive care unit in São Paulo, Brazil: a best practice implementation project.JBI Database System Rev Implement Rep. 2018; 16: 1454-1473
- Prevention and management of primary postpartum hemorrhage among puerperae in a teaching hospital in São Paulo, Brazil: a best practice implementation project.JBI Database System Rev Implement Rep. 2019; 17https://doi.org/10.11124/JBISRIR-2017-003830
- Nursing documentation for chemotherapy in a university hospital's bone marrow transplant unit: a best practice implementation project.Int J Evid Based Healthc. 2020; 18: 75-85
- Central venous catheter insertion in adult patients: a best practice implementation project.JBI Evid Implement. 2020; 19: 296-305
- Crossing the quality chasm: a new health system for the 21st Century.National Academies Press (US), Washington (DC)2001
- Evidence-based healthcare in developing countries.Int J Evid Based Healthc. 2010; 8: 97-100
- Avoidable waste in the production and reporting of research evidence.Lancet. 2009; 374: 86-89
- Medicamentos e pesquisa translacional: etapas, atores e políticas de saúde no contexto brasileiro.Saúde Debate. 2019; 43: 181-199
- Korean nursing students’ acquisition of evidence-based practice and critical thinking skills.J Nurs Educ. 2018; 57: 21-27
- A guide to using the Theoretical Domains Framework of behaviour change to investigate implementation problems.Implement Sci. 2017; 12: 77
- Audit and feedback: effects on professional practice and healthcare outcomes.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2012; 6: Cd000259
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Competing Interests: C.L., Z.M., Z.J., B.P., K.P., A.M., L.L. are employed by JBI and involved in development and leadership of JBI programs for Global Health and Communications, Synthesis, Transfer and Implementation. ZM is supported by a National Health and Medical Research Council Investigator Grant (APP1195676). C.L., Z.M., Z.J., B.P., K.P., A.M., L.L. are supported via a Research Translation Agreement with Wolters Kluwer Health. B.K., H.K., P.M., R.S., V.P., K.B., A.C., L.A.M. have no competing interests.