Study design and setting
Abbreviations:AGREE II (appraisal of guidelines for research & evaluation instrument), AGREE-REX (appraisal of guidelines for research & evaluation recommendation excellence), COI (conflicts of interest), GIN (guidelines international network), GLIA (guideline implementability appraisal), GRADE (grading of recommendations assessment, development and evaluation), iCAHE (international centre for allied health evidence] guideline quality check list), MOA (memorandum of agreement), MOU (memorandum of understanding), PICAR (population and clinical areas, interventions, comparators, attributes of CPGs, and recommendation characteristics), PICO (population, intervention, control, and outcomes), PIPOH (professions, outcomes and health care system), PROSPERO (international prospective register of systematic reviews), RIGHT (reporting items for practice guidelines in HealThcare), RWI (relationships with industry), USPSTF (United States preventive services task force)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Guidelines 2.0: Systematic development of a comprehensive checklist for a successful guideline enterprise.CMAJ. 2014; 186: E123-E142https://doi.org/10.1503/cmaj.131237
- Barriers and strategies in guideline implementation—a scoping review.Healthcare. 2016; 4: 36https://doi.org/10.3390/healthcare4030036
- A theoretical framework and competency-based approach to training in guideline development.J Gen Intern Med. 2020; 35: 561-567https://doi.org/10.1007/s11606-019-05502-9
- Appraisal tools for clinical practice guidelines: a systematic review.PLoS One. 2013; 8: e82915https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0082915
- Guideline group composition and group processes: Article 3 in integrating and coordinating efforts in COPD guideline development. An official ATS/ERS workshop report. In: Proceedings of the American Thoracic Society.Proc Am Thorac Soc. 2012; 9: 229-233https://doi.org/10.1513/pats.201208-056ST
- A vision statement on guideline development for respiratory disease: the example of COPD.Lancet. 2009; 373: 774-779https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(08)61347-1
U.S. Agency for International Development. Memorandum of Understanding Guidance. Published September 17, 2020. Accessed April 9, 2021. https://www.usaid.gov/documents/15396/memorandum-understanding-guidance
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Model Memoranda of Understanding - Publications and Resources - Public Health Law. Accessed April 9, 2021. https://www.cdc.gov/phlp/publications/topic/mmou.html
German Association of the Scientific Medical Societies (AWMF) - Standing Guidelines Commission. AWMF Guidance Manual and Rules for Guideline Development, 1st Edition 2012. English version. Available at: http://www.awmf.org/leitlinien/awmf-regelwerk.html (.
New International Guideline Library — Guidelines International Network. Accessed March 23, 2021. https://g-i-n.net/library/new-international-guidelines-library
- Clinical practice guidelines registry: toward reducing duplication, improving collaboration, and increasing transparency.Ann Intern Med. 2021; (Published online March 16M20-7884)https://doi.org/10.7326/M20-7884
- Guidelines international network: principles for disclosure of interests and management of conflicts in guidelines.Ann Intern Med. 2015; 163: 548-553https://doi.org/10.7326/M14-1885
- Reporting standards for guideline-based performance measures.Implement Sci. 2016; 11: 6https://doi.org/10.1186/s13012-015-0369-z
- The updating of clinical practice guidelines: Insights from an international survey.Implement Sci. 2011; 6: 107https://doi.org/10.1186/1748-5908-6-107
- Reporting items for updated clinical guidelines: checklist for the reporting of updated guidelines (CheckUp).PLoS Med. 2017; 14e1002207https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pmed.1002207
- Guideline adaptation: an approach to enhance efficiency in guideline development and improve utilisation.BMJ Qual Saf. 2011; 20: 228-236https://doi.org/10.1136/bmjqs.2010.043257
- An international needs assessment survey of guideline developers demonstrates variability in resources and challenges to collaboration between organizations.J Gen Intern Med. 2021; https://doi.org/10.1007/s11606-021-07112-w