Study design and setting
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Progress in evidence-based medicine: a quarter century on.Lancet. 2017; 390: 415-423https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(16)31592-6
- Clinical guidelines: potential benefits, limitations, and harms of clinical guidelines.BMJ. 1999; 318: 527-530https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.318.7182.527
- Current and future relevance of guidelines.Heart. 2002; 87: 497-500https://doi.org/10.1136/heart.87.6.497
- A vision statement on guideline development for respiratory disease: the example of COPD.Lancet. 2009; 373: 774-779https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(08)61347-1
- Living systematic reviews: 4. Living guideline recommendations.J Clinl Epidemiol. 2017; 91: 47-53https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclinepi.2017.08.009
- Future of evidence ecosystem series: evidence ecosystems and learning health systems: why bother?.J Clin Epidemiol. 2020; 123: 166-170https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclinepi.2020.02.008
- Guidelines international network: toward international standards for clinical practice guidelines.Ann Intern Med. 2012; 156: 525-531https://doi.org/10.7326/0003-4819-156-7-201204030-00009
- Disappearance of the national guideline clearinghouse: a huge loss for evidence-based health care.Ann Intern Med. 2018; 169: 648-649https://doi.org/10.7326/M18-2216
- Whatever happened to qualitative description?.Research in Nursing and Health. 2000; 23: 334-340
- Clinical Practice Guidelines We Can Trust.DC National Academies, Washington2011
- Clinical practice guidelines registry: toward reducing duplication, improving collaboration, and increasing transparency.Ann Intern Med. 2021; https://doi.org/10.7326/M20-7884
Conflict of interest: Sara Twaddle and Elaine Harrow are employed by Guidelines International Network.
Duncan Service, Pablo Alonso-Coello, Ina Kopp and Zachary Munn are Trustees of Guidelines International Network.
Ina Kopp is employed by AWMF, a non-profit organisation that affiliates 179 Scientific Medical Societies in Germany and runs a quality-assured guideline registry.