Background and Objective
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Guideline uptake is influenced by six implementability domains for creating and communicating guidelines: a realist review.J Clin Epidemiol. 2015; 68: 498-509
- Future of Evidence Ecosystem Series: evidence ecosystems and learning health systems: why bother?.J Clin Epidemiol. 2020; 123: 166-170
- How to adapt existing evidence-based clinical practice guidelines: a case example with smoking cessation guidelines in Canada.BMJ Open. 2017; 7: e016124
- Future of evidence ecosystem series: 1. Introduction—evidence synthesis ecosystem needs dramatic change.J Clin Epidemiol. 2020; 51: 1858-1862
- The ecosystem of evidence cannot thrive without efficiency of knowledge generation, synthesis, and translation.J Clin Epidemiol. 2019; 110: 90-95
- The Clinician Guideline Determinants Questionnaire was developed and validated to support tailored implementation planning.J Clin Epidemiol. 2019; 113: 129-136
- Causal stories and the formation of policy agendas.Polit Sci Q. 1989; 104: 281-300
- Developing a checklist for guideline implementation planning: review and synthesis of guideline development and implementation advice.Implement Sci. 2015; 10: 19
- Handbook on clinical practice guidelines.Canadian Medical Association, Ottawa, Ontario2007 (2014)
- Disseminating and implementing guidelines: article 13 in Integrating and coordinating efforts in COPD guideline development. An official ATS/ERS workshop report.Proc Am Thorac Soc. 2012; 9: 298-303
- Reporting and publishing guidelines: article 12 in Integrating and coordinating efforts in COPD guideline development. An official ATS/ERS workshop report.Proc Am Thorac Soc. 2012; 9: 293-297
- Guidelines 2.0: systematic development of a comprehensive checklist for a successful guideline enterprise.Cmaj. 2014; 186: E123-E142
- Stakeholder involvement: how to do it right: article 9 in integrating and coordinating efforts in COPD guideline development. An official ATS/ERS workshop report.Proc Am Thorac Soc. 2012; 9: 269-273
- Improving pharmaceutical use in primary care in developing countries: a critical review of experience and lack of experience.(International Conference on Improving Use of Medicines, Chiang Mai, Thailand)1997: 1-4
- Report to SAGE on reducing pain and distress at the time of vaccination.(Available at)https://www.who.int/immunization/sage/meetings/2015/april/1_SAGE_latest_pain_guidelines_March_24_Final.pdfDate: 2015Date accessed: July 18, 2020
- GRADE Guidelines: 16. GRADE evidence to decision frameworks for tests in clinical practice and public health.J Clin Epidemiol. 2016; 76: 89-98
- Consolidated guidelines on HIV prevention, diagnosis, treatment and care for key populations.WHO, Geneva, Switzerland2014
- Recommendations on hepatitis C screening for adults. Vol. 189, Canadian Medical Association Journal.(E594 LP–E604. Report No.: 16. Available at)
- Public health guidance on screening and vaccination for infectious diseases in newly arrived migrants within the EU/EEA.(Available at)https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/publications-data/public-health-guidance-screening-and-vaccination-infectious-diseases-newlyDate: 2018Date accessed: January 16, 2020
- GRADE Evidence to Decision (EtD) frameworks: a systematic and transparent approach to making well informed healthcare choices. 1: Introduction.BMJ. 2016; 353: i2016
- Qualitative Evidence Synthesis (QES) for Guidelines: paper 3–Using qualitative evidence syntheses to develop implementation considerations and inform implementation processes.Health Res Policy Syst. 2019; 17: 74
- Using qualitative evidence in decision making for health and social interventions: an approach to assess confidence in findings from qualitative evidence syntheses (GRADE-CERQual).PLoS Med. 2015; 12: e1001895
- Common trust and personal safety issues: a systematic review on the acceptability of health and social interventions for persons with lived experience of homelessness.PLoS One. 2019; 14: e0226306
- Effectiveness of home-based records on maternal, newborn and child health outcomes: a systematic review and meta-analysis.PLoS One. 2019; 14: e0209278
- Determinants of implementation of clinical practice guidelines for marginalized populations: a mixed-method study of evidence based guidelines for homeless health.Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2020; 17: 7938
- Public policy models and their usefulness in public health: the stages model.(National Collaborating Centre for Healthy Public Policy, Institut national ldots)2013
- Outcomes for implementation research: conceptual distinctions, measurement challenges, and research agenda.Adm Policy Ment Health. 2011; 38: 65-76
- New recommendations to prevent pain during immunizations: WHO position paper-September 2015.Vaccine. 2016; 34: 3627-3628
- The health equity implementation framework: proposal and preliminary study of hepatitis C virus treatment.Implement Sci. 2019; 14: 26
- On suffering and structural violence: social and economic rights in the global era.in: Pathologies of power: health, human rights, and the new war on the poor. University of California Press, Berkeley2003
- GRADE equity guidelines 3: considering health equity in GRADE guideline development: rating the certainty of synthesized evidence.J Clin Epidemiol. 2017; 90: 76-83
- GRADE Equity Guidelines 4: guidance on how to assess and address health equity within the evidence to decision process.J Clin Epidemiol. 2017; 90: 84
- A conceptual framework of the implementation process.Public Policy Essent Read. 1995; : 153-173
- GRADE equity guidelines 2: considering health equity in GRADE guideline development: equity extension of the guideline development checklist.J Clin Epidemiol. 2017; 90: 68-75
- Clinical guideline for homeless and vulnerably housed people, and people with lived homelessness experience.CMAJ. 2020; 192: E240-E254
- GRADE Evidence to Decision (EtD) frameworks for adoption, adaptation, and de novo development of trustworthy recommendations: GRADE-ADOLOPMENT.J Clin Epidemiol. 2017; 81: 101-110
- Recommendations on behavioural interventions for the prevention and treatment of cigarette smoking among school-aged children and youth.CMAJ. 2017; 189: E310-E316
- Recommendations on screening for abdominal aortic aneurysm in primary care.CMAJ. 2017; 189: E1137-E1145
- Screening for impaired vision in community-dwelling adults aged 65 years and older in primary care settings.CMAJ. 2018; 190: E588-E594
Author’s contributions: K.P., P.R., and O.M. wrote the first draft of the manuscript. D.A., A.J., P.A.C., P.T., V.W., O.M., A.S., and N.P. contributed to the methods and all authors contributed to FACE content and provided comments, revised and read and meet ICMJE criteria for authorship.
GGG Advisor: Elie A. Akl (June 2019 Hamilton GRADE meeting presentation).
GRADE Multi-Stakeholder Engagement Interest Group: Peter Tugwell, Tom Concannon, Vivian Welch, Jennifer Petkovich.
Manuscript of Origin: Australia, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Italy, Mexico, Spain, US.
Funding: Pilot instruments were supported by the Strategic Advisory Group of Experts (SAGE) of WHO , ECDC , and PHAC . The funders had no role in study design, data collection and analysis, preparation of the manuscript, or the decision to publish.
Conflict of interest statement: KP declared receiving guideline meeting travel support from World Health Organization Guideline Review Committee and consultancy support from the European Center of Prevention and Disease Control. PR worked as a scientific advisor for PHAC and supported the Canadian Task Force on Preventive Health Care. PT declares that he, as co-editor of the Journal of Clinical Epidemiology, was not involved with the review and editorial decision-making regarding this article.