Study Design and Setting
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Canadian Rheumatology association recommendations for the assessment and Monitoring of systemic lupus erythematosus.J Rheumatol. 2018; 45: 1426-1439
- Survey research methods.Center for Survey Research, University of Massachusetts, Boston2014
- A guide for the design and conduct of self-administered surveys of clinicians.CMAJ. 2008; 179: 245-252
- Design and use of questionnaires: a review of best practice applicable to surveys of health service staff and patients.Health Technol Assess. 2001; 5: 1-256
- Reporting guidelines for survey research: an analysis of published guidance and reporting practices.PLoS Med. 2010; 8: e1001069
- Improving the quality of web surveys: the checklist for reporting results of internet E-surveys (CHERRIES).J Med Internet Res. 2004; 6: e34
- A catalog of biases in questionnaires.Prev Chronic Dis. 2005; 2: A13
- Response rates - an overview.(Available at)https://www.aapor.org/Education-Resources/For-Researchers/Poll-Survey-FAQ/Response-Rates-An-Overview.aspxDate accessed: October 13, 2020
- How to assess a survey report: a guide for readers and peer reviewers.CMAJ. 2015; 187: E198-E205
- How to assess a survey in surgery.Can J Surg. 2011; 54: 394-402
- A systematic survey of surveys: what do surveys tell us?.J Clin Epidemiol. 2020; 122: 108-114
- How to use an article about prognosis.J Urol. 2010; 183: 1303-1308
- Chapter 13.5: qualitative research.in: Guyatt G.R.D. Meade M.O. Cook D.J. Users' guides to the medical literature: a manual for evidence-based clinical practice. McGraw-Hill Education, USA2015
- Patient opinions of screening for intimate partner violence in a fracture clinic setting: P.O.S.I.T.I.V.E.: a multicenter study.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2013; 95: e91
- Characteristics of CPOE systems and obstacles to implementation that physicians believe will affect adoption.South Med J. 2011; 104: 418-421
- HIV testing in emergency departments in the United States: a national survey.Ann Emerg Med. 2011; 58 (e1-8): S10-S16
- Methamphetamine use and risk for HIV among young men who have sex with men in 8 US cities.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2011; 165: 736-740
- Response rates and nonresponse errors in surveys.Jama. 2012; 307: 1805-1806
- Minimum response rates for survey research.Arch Surg. 2012; 147: 110
- Measuring health-related quality of life.Ann Intern Med. 1993; 118: 622-629
- Family medicine department Chairs' opinions regarding scope of practice.Acad Med. 2015; 90: 1691-1697
- Healthcare professionals' intentions and behaviours: a systematic review of studies based on social cognitive theories.Implement Sci. 2008; 3: 36
Conflict of interest statement: All authors confirm they have no direct financial conflicts of interest.
Authors' contributions:N.S. and G.G. contributed to conceptualization, design, analysis, interpretation, writing—original draft and revisions. E.A., M.B., J.W.B., D.J.C., T.G., P.M., and H.S. contributed to conceptualization, design, interpretation, and revisions. All authors approved the final version.