Study Design and Setting
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Clinical Epidemiology
- The importance of race and ethnic background in biomedical research and clinical practice.N Engl J Med. 2003; 348: 1170-1175
- Adequacy of reporting race/ethnicity in clinical trials in areas of health disparities.J Clin Epidemiol. 2003; 56: 416-420
- Racial dispariries–the need for research and action.N Engl J Med. 2003; 349: 1379-1380
- Medicine and the racial divide.N Engl J Med. 2003; 348: 1081-1082
- Dissecting racial and ethnic differences.N Engl J Med. 2006; 354: 408-411
- Insurance status, not race, is associated with use of minimally invasive surgical approach for rectal cancer.Ann Surg. 2018; 268: e49
- Race, ancestry, and reporting in medical journals.JAMA. 2018; 320: 1531-1532
- International Committee of Medical Journal Editors. Recommendations for the Conduct, Reporting, Editing, and Publication of Scholarly Work in Medical Journals. i. Selection and descritpion of participants.(Available at)http://www.icmje.org/icmje-recommendations.pdfDate accessed: December 12, 2018
- Affordable Health Care for Americans Act.(Available at)http://docs.house.gov/rules/health/111_ahcaa.pdfDate accessed: February 11, 2010
- AMA manual of style? A guide for authors and editors.10th ed. Oxford University Press, Oxford, New York2007
- Systematic review identified suboptimal reporting and use of race/ethnicity in general medical journals.J Clin Epidemiol. 2007; 60: 572-578
- Assessing race and ethnicity data quality across cancer registries and EMRs in two hospitals.J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2016; 23: 627-634
- The state of federal health statistics on racial and ethnic groups.JAMA. 1992; 267: 268-271
- Board on Health Sciences Policy, Committee on understanding and eliminating racial and ethnic disparities in health care. Unequal treatment: confronting racial and ethnic disparities in healthcare.National Academic Press, Washington, DC2003
- Deconstructing race and ethnicity–implications for measurement of health outcomes.Med Care. 2006; 44: S10-S16
Conflict of interest: Authors have no conflict of interest to disclose. This research did not receive any specific grant from funding agencies in public, commercial, or non-for-profit sectors.
Funding: This research did not receive any specific grant from funding agencies in public, commercial, or non-for-profit sectors.