Study Design and Setting
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Clinical Epidemiology
- Incorporating equity into developing and implementing for evidence-based clinical practice guidelines.Revista de Salud Pública. 2011; 13: 339-351
- Out of context: clinical practice guidelines and patients with multiple chronic conditions: a systematic review.Med Care. 2014; 52: S92-S100
- How equity is addressed in clinical practice guidelines: a content analysis.BMJ Open. 2014; 4: e005660
- Health equity: evidence synthesis and knowledge translation methods.Syst Rev. 2013; 2: 43
- GRADE guidelines: 1. Introduction—GRADE evidence profiles and summary of findings tables.J Clin Epidemiol. 2011; 64: 383-394
- Improving the use of research evidence in guideline development: 12. Incorporating considerations of equity.Health Res Policy Syst. 2006; 4: 24
- Assessing equity in clinical practice guidelines.J Clin Epidemiol. 2007; 60: 540-546
- Positively equal. A guide to addressing equality issues in developing NICE clinical guidelines.2nd ed. 2012
- The concepts and principles of equity and health.Int J Health Serv. 1992; 22: 429-445
- WHO handbook for guideline development.2nd ed. 2014
- Using socioeconomic evidence in clinical practice guidelines.Br Med J. 2003; 327: 1283-1285
- Attention to sex-related factors in the development of clinical practice guidelines.J women's Health. 2007; 16: 82-92
- Guidelines 2.0: systematic development of a comprehensive checklist for a successful guideline enterprise.Can Med Assoc J. 2014; 186: E123-E142
- Applying an equity lens to interventions: using PROGRESS ensures consideration of socially stratifying factors to illuminate inequities in health.J Clin Epidemiol. 2014; 67: 56-64
- The James Lind Alliance Guidebook.5th ed. 2013
- Clinical guidelines contribute to the health inequities experienced by individuals with intellectual disabilities.Implement Sci. 2012; 7: 42
- Evidence-based methods to address disparities in global cancer control: the development of guidelines in Asia.Lancet Oncol. 2013; 14: 1154-1155
- Coupled ethical-epistemic analysis of public health research and practice: categorizing variables to improve population health and equity.Am J Public Health. 2015; 105: e36-e42
- A new typology of policies to tackle health inequalities and scenarios of impact based on Rose's population approach.J Epidemiol Community Health. 2013; 67: 286-291
- Community engagement to reduce inequalities in health: a systematic review, meta-analysis and economic analysis.Public Health Research 1.4, Southampton (UK)2013
- Patient and public involvement in clinical practice guidelines: a knowledge synthesis of existing programs.Med Decis making. 2011; 31: E45-E74
- Prevention and treatment of HIV and other sexually transmitted infections among men who have sex with men and transgender people.2011
- Consolidated guidelines on the use of antiretroviral drugs for treating and preventing HIV infection.2013
- The HIV-1 Epidemic: Low- to Middle-Income Countries.Cold Spring Harbor Pespectives in Medicine, 2012: 2
- Prevention and treatment of HIV and other sexually transmitted infections for sex workers in low- and middle-income countries.2012 (Recommendations for a public health approach)
- GRADE guidelines: 2. Framing the question and deciding on important outcomes.J Clin Epidemiol. 2010; 64: 395-400
- Guideline panels should not GRADE good practice statements.J Clin Epidemiol. 2015; 68: 597-600
NICE. UK Database of Uncertainties about the Effects of Treatments (UK DUETs): a resource to make uncertainties explicit and to help prioritise new research.
Initiative C. Core outcome measures in effectiveness trials.
- End-of-life treatment preferences: a key to reducing ethnic/racial disparities in advance care planning?.Cancer. 2014; 120: 3981-3986
- GRADE guidelines: 3. Rating the quality of evidence.J Clin Epidemiol. 2011; 64: 401-406
- Exclusion and inclusion of nonwhite ethnic minority groups in 72 North American and European cardiovascular cohort studies.PLoS Med. 2006; 3: e44
- HIV prevalence among female sex workers, drug users and men who have sex with men in Brazil: a systematic review and meta-analysis.BMJ Public Health. 2010; 10: 317
- How can inequalities in mortality be reduced? A quantitative analysis of 6 risk factors in 21 European populations.PLoS One. 2014; 9: e110952
- Systematic reviews of health effects of social interventions: 1. Finding the evidence: how far should you go?.J Epidemiol Community Health. 2005; 59: 804-808
- PRISMA-equity 2012 extension: reporting guidelines for systematic reviews with a focus on health equity.PLoS Med. 2012; 9: e1001333
- A population search filter for hard-to-reach populations increased search efficiency for a systematic review.J Clin Epidemiol. 2014; 67: 554-559
- Assessing equity in systematic reviews: realising the recommendations of the Commission on Social Determinants of Health.BMJ. 2010; 341: c4739
- GRADE guidelines: 14. Going from evidence to recommendations: the significance and presentation of recommendations.J Clin Epidemiol. 2013; 66: 719-725
Organization WH. The use of bedaquiline in the treatment of multidrug-resistant tuberculosis - Interim policy guidance.
- Patient engagement in research: a systematic review.BMC Health Serv Res. 2014; 14: 89
Funding: S.V.K. is funded by an NRS Scottish Senior Clinical Fellowship (SCAF/15/02), the Medical Research Council (MC_UU_12017/13 and MC_UU_12017/15), and Chief Scientist's Office (SPHSU13 and SPHSU15).
Conflict of interest: All members are authors of the GRADE working group. Also EAA, GG, RBP, HJS were involved in the “Guidelines 2.0: systematic development of a comprehensive checklist for a successful guideline enterprise”.