Study Design and Setting
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Global Report: UNAIDS report on the global AIDS epidemic 2013. Available at http://www.unaids.org/en/resources/publications/2012/name,76121,en.asp. Accessed January 18, 2016.
- Lower levels of antiretroviral therapy enrollment among men with HIV compared with women—12 countries, 2002-2013.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2015; 64: 1281-1286
- The impact of gender norms on condom use among HIV-positive adults in KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa.PLoS One. 2015; 10: e0122671
- The relationship between HIV risk, high-risk behavior, religiosity, and spirituality among black men who have sex with men (MSM): an exploratory study.J Relig Health. 2016; 55: 535-548
- The role of mediators in the indirect effects of religiosity on therapeutic compliance in African migrant HIV-positive patients.J Relig Health. 2016; 55: 1850-1863
- Implementation and operational research: pulling the network together: quasiexperimental trial of a patient-defined support network intervention for promoting engagement in HIV care and medication adherence on Mfangano Island, Kenya.J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2015; 69: e127-e134
- Access to social capital and risk of HIV infection in Bukoba urban district, Kagera region, Tanzania.Arch Public Health. 2014; 72: 38
- Factors associated with HIV prevalence and HIV testing in Sierra Leone: findings from the 2008 Demographic health Survey.PLoS One. 2015; 10: e0137055
- Frequency of HIV-testing and factors associated with multiple lifetime HIV-testing among a rural population of Zambian men.BMC Public Health. 2015; 15: 960
- Preferred reporting items for systematic reviews and meta-analyses: the PRISMA statement.J Clin Epidemiol. 2009; 62: 1006-1012
- Health equity: evidence synthesis and knowledge translation methods.Syst Rev. 2013; 2: 43
- Cochrane Consumers and Communication Review Group reviews: how to consider equity issues.2013 (Available at)Accessed August 4, 2016)
- Road traffic crashes: operationalizing equity in the context of health sector reform.Inj Control Saf Promot. 2003; 10: 11-12
- Reflections on developing and using PROGRESS-Plus.Equity Update. 2008; 2: 1-3
- Applying an equity lens to interventions: using PROGRESS ensures consideration of socially stratifying factors to illuminate inequities in health.J Clin Epidemiol. 2014; 67: 56-64
- Does consideration and assessment of effects on health equity affect the conclusions of systematic reviews? A methodology study.PLoS One. 2012; 7: e31360
- Critical EPICOT items were absent in Cochrane human immunodeficiency virus systematic reviews: a bibliometric analysis.J Clin Epidemiol. 2016; 74: 66-72
- Using bibliometrics: a guide to evaluating research performance within citation data.2008 (Available at)Accessed February 22, 2016)
- AMSTAR is a reliable and valid measurement tool to assess the methodological quality of systematic reviews.J Clin Epidemiol. 2009; 62: 1013-1020
- Health promotion, inequalities and young people's health: a systematic review of research.EPPI-Centre, Social Science Research Unit, Institute of Education, University of London, London2008
Conflict of interest: B.Z. has worked for the Cochrane HIV Group as assistant trial search coordinator at Cochrane South Africa; T.K. is the center manager of Cochrane South Africa; V.W., L.M., S.M., B.Z., T.K., and N.V.M. are authors of Cochrane reviews.