Study Design and Setting
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Clinical Epidemiology
- Exercise-based cardiac rehabilitation for coronary heart disease: Cochrane systematic review and meta-analysis.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2016; 67: 1-12
- Age, risk-benefit trade-offs, and the projected effects of evidence-based therapies.Am J Med. 2004; 116: 540-545
- Exercise-based cardiac rehabilitation and improvements in cardiorespiratory fitness: implications regarding patient benefit.Mayo Clin Proc. 2013; 88: 431-437
- Relationship between cardiac rehabilitation and survival after acute cardiac hospitalization within a universal health care system.Eur J Cardiovasc Prev Rehabil. 2009; 16: 102-113
- Attendance at cardiac rehabilitation is associated with lower all-cause mortality after 14 years of follow-up.Heart (British Cardiac Society). 2013; 99: 620-625
- The numbers needed to treat and harm (NNT, NNH) statistics: what they tell us and what they do not.J Clin Psychiatry. 2015; 76: e330-e333
- The Toronto Cardiac Rehabilitation and Secondary Prevention Program: 1968 into the new millennium.J Cardiopulm Rehabil Prev. 2000; 20: 16-22
- American College of Sports Medicine guidelines for exercise testing and prescription.Williams and Wilkins, Baltimore2013
- Socioeconomic status, service patterns, and perceptions of care among survivors of acute myocardial infarction in Canada.JAMA. 2004; 291: 1100-1107
- Diabetes in Ontario: determination of prevalence and incidence using a validated administrative data algorithm.Diabetes Care. 2002; 25: 512-516
- Major depressive disorder predicts completion, adherence, and outcomes in cardiac rehabilitation: a prospective cohort study of 195 patients with coronary artery disease.J Clin Psychiatry. 2011; 72: 1181
- Evaluating discrimination of risk prediction models: the C Statistic.JAMA. 2015; 314: 1063-1064
- Weighted kappa: nominal scale agreement provision for scaled disagreement or partial credit.Psychol Bull. 1968; 70: 213
- Cardiac rehabilitation for people with heart disease: an overview of Cochrane systematic reviews.Int J Cardiol. 2014; 177: 348-361
- Cardiac rehabilitation and healthy life-style interventions: rectifying program deficiencies to improve patient outcomes.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2016; 67: 13-15
- Cardiac rehabilitation and survival in older coronary patients.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2009; 54: 25-33
- Cardiac rehabilitation attendance and outcomes in coronary artery disease patients.Circulation. 2012; 126: 677-687
- On-site programmatic attendance to cardiac rehabilitation and the healthy-adherer effect.Eur J Prev Cardiol. 2015; 22: 1232-1246
- Optimizing value from cardiac rehabilitation: a cost-utility analysis comparing age, sex, and clinical subgroups.Mayo Clin Proc. 2015; 90: 1011-1020
- Comparison of uptake and predictors of adherence in primary and secondary prevention of cardiovascular disease in a community-based cardiovascular prevention programme (MyAction Westminster).J Public Health. 2014; 36: 644-650
- Sociodemographic differences in myocardial infarction risk perceptions among people with coronary heart disease.J Health Psychol. 2007; 12: 316-329
- Avoidable mortality by neighbourhood income in Canada: 25 years after the establishment of universal health insurance.J Epidemiol Community Health. 2007; 61: 287-296
- Social relationships and mortality risk: a meta-analytic review.PloS Med. 2010; 7: e1000316
- Efficacy of exercise-based cardiac rehabilitation post-myocardial infarction: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials.Am Heart J. 2011; 162: 571-584.e2
- Cardiac rehabilitation: into the future.Heart (British Cardiac Society). 2009; 95: 1897-1900
Conflict of interest: The authors have no conflicts of interest to disclose.
Funding: This research received no specific grant from any funding agency in the public, commercial, or not-for-profit sectors. D.A.A. is supported with a Career Investigator Award from the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada. G.E.F. is supported with a Canadian Institutes of Health Research-Public Health Agency of Canada (CIHR-PHAC) Chair in Applied Public Health. P.I.O. is supported with a GoodLife Fitness Chair in Cardiovascular Rehabilitation and Prevention, University Health Network-Toronto Rehabilitation Institute, University of Toronto.