Study Design and Setting
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Grading quality of evidence and strength of recommendations for diagnostic tests and strategies.BMJ. 2008; 336: 1106-1110
- Use of GRADE grid to reach decisions on clinical practice guidelines when consensus is elusive.BMJ. 2008; 337: a744
- GRADE: an emerging consensus on rating quality of evidence and strength of recommendations.BMJ. 2008; 336: 924-926
- What is “quality of evidence” and why is it important to clinicians?.BMJ. 2008; 336: 995-998
- Incorporating considerations of resources use into grading recommendations.BMJ. 2008; 336: 1170-1173
- Going from evidence to recommendations.BMJ. 2008; 336: 1049-1051
- Letters, numbers, symbols and words: how to communicate grades of evidence and recommendations.CMAJ. 2003; 169: 677-680
- GRADE guidelines: 12. Preparing summary of findings tables-binary outcomes.J Clin Epidemiol. 2013; 66: 158-172
- GRADE guidelines: 13. Preparing summary of findings tables and evidence profiles-continuous outcomes.J Clin Epidemiol. 2013; 66: 173-183
- Symbols were superior to numbers for presenting strength of recommendations to health care consumers: a randomized trial.J Clin Epidemiol. 2007; 60: 1298-1305
- User testing and stakeholder feedback contributed to the development of understandable and useful summary of findings tables for Cochrane reviews.J Clin Epidemiol. 2010; 63: 607-619
- Summary-of-findings tables in Cochrane reviews improved understanding and rapid retrieval of key information.J Clin Epidemiol. 2010; 63: 620-626
- Formatting modifications in GRADE evidence profiles improved guideline panelists comprehension and accessibility to information. A randomized trial.J Clin Epidemiol. 2012; 65: 748-755
- Reporting of noninferiority and equivalence randomized trials: extension of the CONSORT 2010 statement.JAMA. 2012; 308: 2594-2604
- Protocol: comparison between standard and new alternative formats of the summary-of-findings tables in Cochrane review users: a non-inferiority randomized controlled trial.Trials. 2015; 16: 164
- Probiotics for the prevention of pediatric antibiotic-associated diarrhea.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2011; : CD004827
- Presenting the results of Cochrane systematic reviews to a consumer audience: a qualitative study.Med Decis Making. 2010; 30: 566-577
- Regression Modeling Strategies: with applications to linear, logistic regression, and survival analysis.Springer-Verlag, New York2001
- Using alternative statistical formats for presenting risks and risk reductions.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2011; : CD006776
- Communicating data about the benefits and harms of treatment: a randomized trial.Ann Intern Med. 2011; 155: 87-96
- A summary to communicate evidence from systematic reviews to the public improved understanding and accessibility of information: a randomized controlled trial.J Clin Epidemiol. 2015; 68: 182-190
Funding: The Cochrane Methods Innovation Fund and GRADE Center at McMaster University funded this study. Neither of these institutions but only the investigators belonging to these institutions played a role in the planning, conducting, or publishing the study findings.
Conflict of interest: The authors of this trial declare no financial conflict of interest. However, most of them are members of the GRADE working group and the Cochrane Collaboration. H.J.S., G.G., and P.T. are convenors of Cochrane Methods Group. The views expressed in this article are those of the authors and not necessarily those of the Cochrane Collaboration or its registered entities, committees, or working groups.