Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Clinical Epidemiology
- Letters, numbers, symbols and words: how to communicate grades of evidence and recommendations.CMAJ. 2003; 169: 677-680
- GRADE: an emerging consensus on rating quality of evidence and strength of recommendations.BMJ. 2008; 336: 924-926
- GRADE guidelines: 1. Introduction-GRADE evidence profiles and summary of findings tables.J Clin Epidemiol. 2011; 64: 383-394
- The GRADE approach is reproducible in assessing the quality of evidence of quantitative evidence syntheses.J Clin Epidemiol. 2013; 66 (quiz 42 e1–5): 736-742
- GRADE guidelines: 11. Making an overall rating of confidence in effect estimates for a single outcome and for all outcomes.J Clin Epidemiol. 2013; 66: 151-157
- GRADE guidelines: 12. Preparing summary of findings tables-binary outcomes.J Clin Epidemiol. 2013; 66: 158-172
- GRADE guidelines: 13. Preparing summary of findings tables and evidence profiles-continuous outcomes.J Clin Epidemiol. 2013; 66: 173-183
- Chapter 12: interpreting results and drawing conclusions.in: Higgins J.P.T. Green S. Cochrane Handbook for Systematic Reviews of Interventions Version 510. The Cochrane Collaboration, 2011 (updated March 2011). Available atAccessed November 25, 2015)
- Chapter 11: presenting results and ‘Summary of findings’ tables.in: Higgins J.P.T. Green S. Cochrane Handbook for Systematic Reviews of Interventions Version 510. The Cochrane Collaboration, 2011 (updated March 2011). Available atAccessed November 25, 2015)
- Improving GRADE evidence tables: a randomized trial shows improved understanding of content in Summary-of-Findings tables with a new format.J Clin Epidemiol. 2016; 74: 7-18
- Improving GRADE evidence tables part 2: a systematic survey of explanatory notes shows more guidance is needed.J Clin Epidemiol. 2016; 74: 19-27
- Methodological idiosyncracies, frameworks and challenges of non-pharmaceutical and non-technical treatment interventions.Z Evid Fortbild Qual Gesundhwes. 2013; 107: 214-220
- Non-randomized studies as a source of complementary, sequential or replacement evidence for randomized controlled trials in systematic reviews on the effects of interventions.Res Synth Methods. 2013; 4: 49-62
- GRADE guidelines: 7. Rating the quality of evidence–inconsistency.J Clin Epidemiol. 2011; 64: 1294-1302
- GRADE guidelines 6. Rating the quality of evidence–imprecision.J Clin Epidemiol. 2011; 64: 1283-1293
- GRADE guidelines: 3. Rating the quality of evidence.J Clin Epidemiol. 2011; 64: 401-406
- GRADE guidelines: 15. Going from evidence to recommendation-determinants of a recommendation's direction and strength.J Clin Epidemiol. 2013; 66: 726-735
- Routine heparin for patients with cancer? One answer, more questions.New Engl J Med. 2012; 366: 661-662
McIlwain C, Santesso N, Simi S, Napoli M, Lasserson T, Welsh E, et al. Standards for the reporting of Plain Language Summaries in new Cochrane Intervention Reviews (PLEACS). Methodological Expectations of Cochrane Intervention Reviews (MECIR) [Internet]. February, 2003 May, 2015. Available at http://editorial-unit.cochrane.org/sites/editorial-unit.cochrane.org/files/uploads/PLEACS_0.pdf.
Chandler J, Churchill R, Higgins J, Lasserson T, Tovey D. Methodological standards for the conduct of new Cochrane Intervention Reviews. Methodological Expectations of Cochrane Intervention Reviews (MECIR) [Internet]. December, 2013 May, 2015. Available at http://editorial-unit.cochrane.org/sites/editorial-unit.cochrane.org/files/uploads/MECIR_conduct_standards2.3 02122013.pdf.
- Preferred reporting items for systematic reviews and meta-analyses: the PRISMA statement.J Clin Epidemiol. 2009; 62: 1006-1012
- Preferred reporting items for systematic review and meta-analysis protocols (PRISMA-P) 2015 statement.Syst Rev. 2015; 4: 1
- Incorporating GRADE in Cochrane Reviews: feedback from the CEU screening programme.2015 (Available at: http://training.cochrane.org/sites/training.cochrane.org/files/public/uploads/resources/downloadable_resources/English/Incorporating%20GRADE%20in%20Cochrane%20Reviews%20PDF.pdf. Accessed November 15, 2015)
Conflict of interest: The authors are members of the GRADE working group and/or the Cochrane Collaboration. None of them declared a direct financial conflict of interest.