Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Design of comparative experiments.Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK2008
- The balanced incomplete block design is not suitable for the evaluation of complex interventions.J Clin Epidemiol. 2014; 67: 1295-1298
- Statistical methods in medical research.2nd ed. Blackwell Scientific Publications, Oxford, UK1987
- Application of a Latin square experimental design in health services research: estimation of the effects of setting clinical standards and performance review on the process and outcome of care in general practice.(PhD thesis) Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK1997
- SF-36 physical and mental health summary scales: a user's manual.The Health Institute, Boston, MA1994
- Dihydrocodeine—further development in measurement of analgesic power and appraisal of psychological side effects of analgesic agents.N Engl J Med. 1956; 254: 877-885
- Methohexitone relaxation for desensitising agrophobic patients.Lancet. 1968; 292: 651-653
- Factorial design in a balanced incomplete block in the evaluation of the minimal active dose of a beta-blocking drug.Boll Chim Farm. 1970; 109: 363-368
- Medical audit in general practice. I: effects on doctors' clinical behaviour for common childhood conditions.BMJ. 1992; 304: 1480-1484
- Medical audit in general practice. II: effects on health of patients with common childhood conditions.BMJ. 1992; 304: 1484-1488
- Evaluation of clinical guidelines for the management of end-stage renal disease in Europe: the EU BIOMED 1 Study.Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2000; 15: 1394-1398
- Cyclooxygenase inhibitors and the antiplatelet effects of aspirin.N Engl J Med. 2001; 345: 1809-1817
- Morphine, gabapentin, or their combination for neuropathic pain.N Engl J Med. 2005; 352: 1324-1334
- An entirely subcutaneous implantable cardioverter–defibrillator.N Engl J Med. 2010; 363: 36-44
- Generalized linear models.2nd ed. Chapman and Hall, Boca Raton, FL1989
- Generalized linear models.J R Stat Soc Ser A. 1972; 135: 370-384
- Approximate inference in generalized linear mixed models.J Am Stat Assoc. 1993; 88: 9-25
- A general maximum likelihood analysis of measurement error in generalized linear models.Stat Comput. 2002; 12: 163-174
Conflict of interest: The authors declare no conflicts of interest.
Funding: J.M.G. holds a Canada Research Chair in Health Knowledge Transfer and Uptake. The Health Services Research Unit to which C.R.R. and M.K.C. are affiliated is supported by a core grant from the Chief Scientist Office (grant number CZU/3/3 ) of the Scottish Government Health and Social Care Directorates.