- Conceptual and technical challenges in network meta-analysis.Ann Intern Med. 2013; 159: 130-137
- Evaluation of networks of randomized trials.Stat Methods Med Res. 2008; 17: 279-301
- Is network meta-analysis as valid as standard pairwise meta-analysis? It all depends on the distribution of effect modifiers.BMC Med. 2013; 11: 159
- Combination of direct and indirect evidence in mixed treatment comparisons.Stat Med. 2004; 23: 3105-3124
- Network meta-analysis for indirect treatment comparisons.Stat Med. 2002; 21: 2313-2324
Higgins JP, S G. Cochrane handbook for Systematic Reviews of Interventions 5.1.0 [updated March 2011]. The Cochrane Collaboration. 2009. Available at http://www.cochrane-handbook.org/. Accessed October 2, 2013.
- Network meta-analysis-highly attractive but more methodological research is needed.BMC Med. 2011; 9: 79
- Directed acyclic graphs can help understand bias in indirect and mixed treatment comparisons.J Clin Epidemiol. 2012; 65: 798-807
Purgato M, Cipriani A. Comparative efficacy and acceptability of pharmacological treatments for acute mania: a multiple treatment meta-analysis, in Department of Public Health and Community Medicine Section of Psychiatry 2011, University of Verona. 141.
- An evaluation of search and selection methods used in dental systematic reviews published in English.J Am Dent Assoc. 2006; 137: 1252-1257
- Search and selection methodology of systematic reviews in orthodontics (2000-2004).Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 2006; 130: 214-217
- Analysis of the reporting of search strategies in Cochrane systematic reviews.J Med Libr Assoc. 2009; 97: 21-29
- Analysis of the systematic reviews process in reports of network meta-analyses: methodological systematic review.BMJ. 2013; 347: f3675
- An evidence-based practice guideline for the peer review of electronic search strategies.J Clin Epidemiol. 2009; 62: 944-952
- Which resources should be used to identify RCT/CCTs for systematic reviews: a systematic review.BMC Med Res Methodol. 2005; 5: 24
- Poor reporting and inadequate searches were apparent in systematic reviews of adverse effects.J Clin Epidemiol. 2008; 61: 440-448
- Beyond Medline: reducing bias through extended systematic review search.Int J Technol Assess Health Care. 2003; 19: 168-178
- Identifying clinical trials in the medical literature with electronic databases: MEDLINE alone is not enough.Control Clin Trials. 2000; 21: 476-487
- Should meta-analysts search Embase in addition to Medline?.J Clin Epidemiol. 2003; 56: 943-955
- Estimating time to conduct a meta-analysis from number of citations retrieved.JAMA. 1999; 282: 634-635
- Handsearching versus electronic searching to identify reports of randomized trials.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2007; : MR000001
- Modeling public health interventions for improved access to the gray literature.J Med Libr Assoc. 2005; 93: 487-494
- Why it is important to include unpublished data in systematic reviews.Epidemiol Psychiatr Sci. 2011; 20: 133-135
- Does the inclusion of grey literature influence estimates of intervention effectiveness reported in meta-analyses?.Lancet. 2000; 356: 1228-1231
- Searching for unpublished data for Cochrane reviews: cross sectional study.BMJ. 2013; 346: f2231
- The librarian's roles in the systematic review process: a case study.J Med Libr Assoc. 2005; 93: 81-87
- For expert literature searching, call a librarian.CMAJ. 2001; 165: 1301-1302
The authors L.L. and J.T. contributed equally to this study.
Conflict of interest: None.