Study Design and Setting
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Modelling the drop-out mechanism in repeated-measures studies.J Am Stat Assoc. 1995; 90: 1112-1121
- Loss to follow-up in cohort studies: how much is too much?.Eur J Epidemiol. 2004; 19: 751-760
- Principles of exposure measurement in epidemiology.Oxford University Press, Oxford, UK1992
- Using number of failed contact attempts to adjust for non-ignorable non-response.J R Stat Soc A. 2006; 169: 525-542
- Investigating non-response bias in mail surveys.J Epidemiol Community Health. 1981; 35: 293-296
- Impact of non-response and of late-response by patients in a multi-centre surgical outcome audit.Int J Qual Health Care. 1995; 7: 47-55
- Impact of reminders and method of questionnaire distribution on patient response to mail-back satisfaction survey.J Clin Epidemiol. 2001; 54: 1174-1180
- Nonresponse bias in a survey of patient perceptions of hospital care.Med Care. 2005; 43: 374-380
- Response bias: effect on outcomes evaluation by mail surveys after total knee arthroplasty.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2004; 86A: 15-21
NHS Information Centre for Health & Social Care. Patient reported outcome measures. Available at http://www.ic.nhs.uk/services/patient-reported-outcomes-measures-proms. (accessed October 4, 2012).
- Factors associated with non-response in routine use of patient reported outcome measures after elective surgery in England.Health Qual Life Outcomes. 2012; 10: 34
- The English Indices of Deprivation.Communities and Local Government Publications, London, UK2007
- Outcomes of elective surgery undertaken in independent sector treatment centres and NHS providers in England: the patient outcomes in surgery audit.BMJ. 2011; 343: d640410.1136/bmj.d6404
- Questionnaire on the perceptions of patients about total hip replacement.J Bone Joint Surg Br. 1996; 78: 185-190
- Questionnaire on the perceptions of patients about total knee replacement.J Bone Joint Surg Br. 1998; 80: 63-69
- Towards measurement of outcome for patients with varicose veins.Qual Health Care. 1993; 2: 5-10
- EuroQol—a new facility for the measurement of health-related quality of life.Health Policy. 1990; 16: 199-208
- Modelling valuations for EuroQol health states.Med Care. 1997; 35: 1095-1108
- Multiple imputation of missing values: update.Stat J. 2005; 5: 1-14
- Multiple imputation for missing data in epidemiological and clinical research; potentials and pitfalls.BMJ. 2009; 338: b2393
- Stata statistical software: release 11.StataCorp LP, College Station, TX2009
- Patient-reported outcomes in the Swedish Hip Arthroplasty Register: results of a nationwide prospective observational study.J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2011; 93: 867-875
- Mathematical coupling may account for the association between baseline severity and minimally important difference value.J Clin Epidemiol. 2010; 63: 865-874
Conflict of interest statement: We have no conflict of interest.
This work was funded by the Department of Health for England.