- Clinical practice guidelines: directions for a new program.National Academic Press, Washington, DC1990
- A vision statement on guideline development for respiratory disease: the example of COPD.Lancet. 2009; 373: 774-779
- An emerging consensus on grading recommendations?.ACP J Club. 2006; 144: A8-A9
- Incorporating considerations of resources use into grading recommendations.BMJ. 2008; 336: 1170-1173
- GRADE: an emerging consensus on rating quality of evidence and strength of recommendations.BMJ. 2008; 336: 924-926
- What is “quality of evidence” and why is it important to clinicians?.BMJ. 2008; 336: 995-998
- Going from evidence to recommendations.BMJ. 2008; 336: 1049-1051
- Grading quality of evidence and strength of recommendations for diagnostic tests and strategies.BMJ. 2008; 336: 1106-1110
- Use of GRADE grid to reach decisions on clinical practice guidelines when consensus is elusive.BMJ. 2008; 337: a744
- GRADEpro. [Computer program]. Version 3.2 for Windows.(Available at)http://www.cc-ims.net/revman/gradeproDate: Accessed October 21, 2010
Schünemann H, Brozek J, Guyatt G, Oxman A. GRADE handbook for grading quality of evidence and strength of recommendation; 2010.
- Users’ guides to the medical literature. I. How to get started. The Evidence-Based Medicine Working Group.JAMA. 1993; 270: 2093-2095
- Symbols were superior to numbers for presenting strength of recommendations to health care consumers: a randomized trial.J Clin Epidemiol. 2007; 60: 1298-1305
- Systems for grading the quality of evidence and the strength of recommendations II: Pilot study of a new system.BMC Health Serv Res. 2005; 5: 25
- User testing and stakeholder feedback contributed to the development of understandable and useful Summary of Findings tables for Cochrane reviews.J Clin Epidemiol. 2010; 63: 607-619
- Evaluation of summary of findings tables for Cochrane reviews.J Clin Epidemiol. 2010; 63: 620-626
- Improving the use of research evidence in guideline development: 1. Guidelines for guidelines.Health Res Policy Syst. 2006; 4: 13
Cochrane Handbook for Systematic Reviews of Interventions Version 5.0.0. [www.cochrane-handbook.org].
- Improving the use of research evidence in guideline development: 9. Grading evidence and recommendations.Health Res Policy Syst. 2006; 4: 21
The Grading of Recommendations Assessment, Development, and Evaluation (GRADE) system has been developed by the GRADE Working Group. The named authors drafted and revised this article. A complete list of contributors to this series can be found on the Journal of clinical Epidemiology website.