Study Design and Setting
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Clinical Epidemiology
- Why most published research findings are false.PLoS Med. 2005; 2: e124
- What is "quality of evidence" and why is it important to clinicians?.BMJ. 2008; 336: 995-998
- Bias in analytic research.J Chronic Dis. 1979; 32: 51-63
- Bottom-up scientific field detection for dynamical and hierarchical science mapping—methodology and case study.Scientometrics. 2008; 75: 37-50
- Directed network modules.New J Physics. 2007; 9: 186
Clusters & communities: overlapping dense groups in networks. Available at: http://www.cfinder.org
Chavalarias D, Cointet J-P. The reconstruction of science phylogeny. arXiv:0904.3154v2 [physics.soc-ph].
Bastian M, Heymann S, Jacomy M, Gephi: an open source software for exploring and maintaining networks. International Conference on Weblogs and Social Media, 2009. Available at: http://aaai.org/ocs/index.php/ICWSM/09/paper/view/154.
- Multi-level science mapping with asymmetric co-occurrence analysis: methodology and case study.Networks and Heterogeneous Media. 2008; 3: 267-276
MOMA. Module Mapping for large electronic corpora and social media. Available at: http://sciencemapping.com.
Pajek Wiki. Available at: http://pajek.imfm.si/doku.php.
GraphViz Graph Visualization Software. Available at: http://www.graphviz.org/.
- A simple approach to confounding and fractional replication in factorial experiments.Biometrika. 1947; 34: 255-272
- Response bias and the MMPI.J Consult Psychol. 1956; 20: 371-374
- Volunteer subjects as a source of sampling bias.Am J Sociol. 1949; 54: 539-544
- Comment on observer bias in classical conditioning of the planarian.Psychol Rep. 1965; 16: 56
- Structural balance, reciprocity, and positivity as sources of cognitive bias.J Pers. 1965; 33: 570-583
- Race bias in hospitals. What the Civil Rights Commission found.Hosp Manage. 1963; 96: 52-54
- The Rorschach test: a perceptual bias.Percept Mot Skills. 1964; 18: 225-226
- Design for the control of selection bias.Ann Math Statistics. 1957; 28: 449-460
- Co-word analysis as a tool for describing the network of interactions between basic and technological research the case of polymer chemistry.Scientometrics. 1991; 22: 155-205
- Knowledge discovery through co-word analysis.Library Trends. 1999; 48: 133-159
- History of bias.Soz Prev Med. 2002; 47: 156-161
Both authors contributed to the conception of the project and the study design. D.C. developed the pseudo-inclusion clustering methods and performed all the clustering and mapping analyses. Both authors appraised and interpreted the results. J.P.A.I. wrote the first draft of the manuscript and D.C. critically revised it and contributed the methodological sections. This project started from the meeting of the authors at the Summer Workshop “Science and the Web” at the Mediterranean Institute for Life Sciences in Split in July 2008 to which both authors had been invited faculty.