Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Tleyjeh IM, Ghomrawi HMK, Steckelberg JM, Montori VM, Hoskin TL, Enders F, et al. Conclusion about the association between valve surgery and mortality in an infective endocarditis cohort changed after adjusting for survivor bias. J Clin Epidemiol 2010;63:130–5 [in this issue].
- Immortal time bias in pharmacoepidemiology.Am J Epidemiol. 2008; 167: 492-499
- Time-dependent bias was common in survival analyses published in leading clinical journals.J Clin Epidemiol. 2004; 57: 672-682
- The impact of time-dependent bias in proportional hazards modelling.Stat Med. 2008; 27: 6439-6454
- An easy mathematical proof showed that time-dependent bias inevitably leads to biased effect estimation.J Clin Epidemiol. 2008; 61: 1216-1221
- Quantifying the impact of survivor treatment bias in observational studies.J Eval Clin Pract. 2006; 12: 601-612
- The central role of the propensity score in observational studies for causal effects.Biometrika. 1983; 70: 41-55
- Model-based direct adjustment.J Am Statistician. 1987; 82: 387-394
- A critical appraisal of propensity score matching in the medical literature from 1996 to 2003.Stat Med. 2008; 27: 2037-2049
- Propensity-score matching in the cardiovascular surgery literature from 2004 to 2006: a systematic review and suggestions for improvement.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2007; 134: 1128-1135
- A report card on propensity-score matching in the cardiology literature from 2004 to 2006: results of a systematic review.Circulation Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes. 2008; 1: 62-67
- Effectiveness and safety of drug-eluting stents in Ontario.N Engl J Med. 2007; 357: 1393-1402
- Analysis of survival data.Chapman & Hall, London, UK1984
- Marginal structural models and causal inference in epidemiology.Epidemiology. 2000; 11: 550-560