Study Design and setting
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Clinical Epidemiology
- Socioeconomic factors and adolescent pregnancy outcomes: distinctions between neonatal and postneonatal deaths?.BMC Pregnancy Childbirth. 2005; 5: 79-85
National Center for Health Statistics. Infant mortality statistics for the 1999 period linked birth/infant death data set. National Vital Statistics Report 2002;50(4):2000–2001.
National Center for Health Statistics. Births to teenagers in the United States, 1940–2000. National Vital Statistics Report 2001;49(10):1–24.
- Racial disparities in reproductive health outcomes.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2003; 188: S37-S42
- Adolescent pregnancy—current trends and issues: 1998.Pediatrics. 1999; 103: 516-520
- Birth outcomes in teenage pregnancies.J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2004; 16: 265-270
- Maternal-perinatal morbidity and mortality associated with adolescent pregnancy in Latin America: cross-section study.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2005; 192: 342-349
- Young maternal age and infant mortality: the role of low birth weight.Public Health Rep. 1987; 102: 192-199
- Teenage pregnancies and risk of late fetal death and infant mortality.BJOG. 1999; 106: 116-121
- Maternal youth and pregnancy outcome: middle school versus high school age groups compared with women beyond teen years.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1994; 171: 184-187
- Teenage pregnancy and risk of adverse perinatal outcomes associated with first and second births: population based retrospective cohort study.BMJ. 2001; 323: 476-479
- Adolescent pregnancy, infant mortality, and source of payment for birth: Alabama residential live births, 1991–1994.J Adolesc Health. 2001; 29: 37-45
- Adolescent pregnancy: understanding the impact of age and race on outcomes.J Adolesc Health. 1997; 20: 187-197
- Determinants of poor pregnancy outcomes among teenagers in Sweden.Obstet Gynecol. 1997; 89: 451-457
- Maternal birth outcomes: data from New Jersey.Fam Plann Perspect. 1997; 29: 268-272
- Young maternal age and adverse neonatal outcome.Am J Dis Child. 1987; 141: 1053-1059
- Teenage pregnancy: are teenagers a high risk group?.Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 1995; 59: 17-20
MacDorman MF, Atkinson JO. Infant mortality statistics from the linked birth/infant death dataset—1995 period monthly vital statistics report. National Center for Health Statistics. 1998.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention/National Center for Health Statistics. Linked birth/infant death data set: 1998 birth cohort data. CD-ROM 2000.
- The obstetric and neonatal consequences of adolescent pregnancy.Birth Defects. 1981; 17: 49-67
- Mechanisms for maternal age differences in birth weight.Am J Epidemiol. 1995; 142: 504-514
- Association of young maternal age with adverse reproductive outcomes.N Engl J Med. 1995; 332: 1113-1117
- An evaluation of the Kessner Adequacy of Prenatal Care Index and a proposed Adequacy of Prenatal Care Utilization Index.Am J Public Health. 1994; 84: 1414-1420
- Teenage pregnancy and congenital anomalies: which system is vulnerable?.Hum Reprod. 2007; 22: 1730-1735
- Pre-pregnancy weight, low pregnancy weight gain, and preterm delivery.Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2004; 87: 36-37
- A method of imputing length of gestation on birth certificates.Vital Health Stat 21. 1982; 93: 1-11
- Thinking in the health sciences: Concepts and strategies in Epidemiology.Oxford University Press, New York1973
- Epidemiology: Beyond the basics.Aspen Publishers, Gaithersburg, MD2000
- A further critique of the analytic strategy of adjusting for covariates to identify biologic mediation.Epidemiol Perspect Innov. 2004; 1: 4
- The relationship between maternal weight for height and term birth weight in teens and adult women.J Adolesc Health Care. 1989; 10: 16-22
- Patterns of weight gain in adolescent pregnancy: effects on birth weight and preterm delivery.Obstet Gynecol. 1989; 74: 6-12
- Mid-trimester ultrasound prediction of gestational age: advantages and systematic errors.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2002; 20: 558-563
- Effects of maternal marijuana and cocaine use on fetal growth.N Engl J Med. 1989; 320: 762-768
- Epidemiology of preterm birth.Epidemiol Rev. 1993; 15: 414-443
- Social differences in late fetal death and infant mortality in Sweden, 1985–1986.Paediatr Perinat Epidemiol. 1993; 7: 33-44
- Association between low gynaecologic age and preterm birth.Paediatr Perinat Epidemiol. 1989; 3: 357-366
- Growth during early teenage pregnancies.Lancet. 1988; 1: 701-702
- Adolescent reproductive behavior in the developing world. Introduction and overviews.Stud Fam Plann. 1998; 29: 99-105
- The relationship between age of mother and child health and development.Am J Public Health. 1981; 71: 810-817
- Effects of maternal education, age, and parity on fatal infant accidents.Am J Public Health. 1984; 74: 50-52