Study Design and Setting
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Clinical Epidemiology
- Case–control studies.in: Rothman K.J. Greenland S. Modern Epidemiology. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Philadelphia1998: 93-114
- Assessment of strategies for identifying diagnosed cases of systemic lupus erythematosus through self-report.Lupus. 2003; 12: 754-759
- Updating the American College of Rheumatology revised criteria for the classification of systemic lupus erythematosus.Arthritis Rheum. 1997; 40 ([letter]): 1725
- The 1982 revised criteria for the classification of systemic lupus erythematosus.Arthritis Rheum. 1982; 25: 1271-1277
- The fetus in systemic lupus erythematosus.in: Wallace D.J. Hahn B.H. Dubois' lupus erythematosus. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Philadelphia2002: 1023-1040
- Shingles, allergies, family medical history, oral contraceptives, and other potential risk factors for systemic lupus erythematosus.Am J Epidemiol. 1994; 140: 632-642
- Herpes zoster in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus.Arthritis Rheum. 1978; 21: 789-802
- Herpes zoster in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus.Singapore Med J. 1983; 24: 218-220
- Cutaneous manifestations of systemic lupus erythematosus.Br J Dermatol. 1996; 135: 355-362
- Connective tissue disease in southeastern Georgia: a case–control study of etiologic factors.Am J Epidemiol. 1989; 130: 404-409
- Antibiotic allergy in systemic lupus erythematosus: a case–control study.J Rheumatol. 1992; 19: 265-269
- Frequency of adverse drug reactions in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus.J Rheumatol. 2003; 30: 480-484
- Drug-induced lupus.in: Wallace D.J. Hahn B.H. Dubois' lupus erythematosus. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Philadelphia2002: 885-916
Cooper GS, Gilkeson GS, Dooley MA, St. Clari EW, Treadwell EL, Pandey JP, et al. Medical history risk factors for the development of SLE: results from a population-based case–control study. American College of Rheumatology Annual Meeting 1999.
American Community Survey, 2003. U.S. Census Bureau.
A nation online: entering the broadband age. U.S. Department of Commerce, Economics and Statistics Administration, National Telecommunications and Information Administration, September 2004.
- Prevalence of overweight and obesity among US children, adolescents, and adults, 1999–2002.JAMA. 2004; 291: 2847-2850
- Health, United States, 2005. With chartbook on trends in the health of Americans.National Center for Health Statistics, Hyattsville, MD2005
- Propensity score methods for bias reduction in the comparison of a treatment to a non-randomized control group.Stat Med. 1998; 17: 2265-2281
Parsons LS. Reducing bias in a propensity score matched-pair sample using greedy matching techniques. Proceedings of the Twenty-sixth Annual SAS Users Group International (SUGI) Conference. Cary, NC: SAS Institute Inc.; 2001.
- Hormonal and reproductive risk factors for development of systemic lupus erythematosus: results of a population-based, case–control study.Arthritis Rheum. 2002; 46: 1830-1839
Fox S, Fallows D. Internet health resources. Pew Internet & American Life Project, 2003. p. 1.
Latest trends: who's online. Pew Internet & American Life Project, 2005.
- The clinical presentation of systemic lupus erythematosus.in: Wallace D.J. Hahn B. Dubois' lupus erythematosus. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Philadelphia2002: 621-628
- Effectiveness of glucosamine for symptoms of knee osteoarthritis: results from an internet-based randomized double-blind controlled trial.Am J Med. 2004; 117: 643-649
- The online case-crossover study is a novel approach to study triggers for recurrent disease flares.J Clin Epidemiol. 2007; 60: 50-55
- Alcohol consumption as a trigger of recurrent gout attacks.Am J Med. 2006; 119: 800. e13-800. e18
- A comparison of cigarette smokers recruited through the Internet or by mail.Int J Epidemiol. 2001; 30: 521-525
- Can self-reported data accurately describe the prevalence of overweight?.Public Health. 1995; 109: 275-284
- Self-reported weight and height.Am J Clin Nutr. 1990; 52: 1125-1133
- Computer-based interview for screening blood donors for risk of HIV transmission.JAMA. 1992; 268: 1301-1305
- Adolescent sexual behavior, drug use, and violence: increased reporting with computer survey technology.Science. 1998; 280: 867-873
- Obtaining sensitive data through the Web: an example of design and methods.Epidemiology. 2002; 13: 640-645
- Close association of herpes zoster reactivation and systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) diagnosis: case–control study of patients with SLE or noninflammatory musculoskeletal disorders.J Rheumatol. 2004; 31: 274-279
- Herpes zoster infections in systemic lupus erythematosus: risk factors and outcome.J Rheumatol. 1994; 21: 84-86
Massey JT, O'Connor D, Krotki K. Response rates in random digit dialing (RDD) telephone surveys. Proceedings of the Survey Research Methods Section of the American Statistical Association, 1997. pp. 707–712.