Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Clinical Epidemiology
- Threats to the validity of clinical trials employing enrichment strategies for sample selection.Control Clin Trials. 1998; 19: 178-187
- Patterns of patient enrollment in randomized controlled trials.J Clin Epidemiol. 2001; 54: 877-883
- Randomised clinical trials in general practice: lessons from a failure.BMJ. 1991; 303: 969-971
- Randomised controlled trials in general practice: gold standard or fool's gold?.BMJ. 1995; 311: 1382-1383
- Recruitment for controlled clinical trials: literature summary and annotated bibliography.Control Clin Trials. 1997; 18: 328-352
- Barriers to participation in randomised controlled trials: a systematic review.J Clin Epidemiol. 1999; 52: 1143-1156
- Recruitment of patients with lung cancer into a randomised clinical trial: experience at two centers, on behalf of the Big Lung Trial Steering Committee.Thorax. 2000; 55: 463-465
- Recruitment strategies in the women's health trial: feasibility study in minority populations: for the WHT: FSMP Investigators Group.Control Clin Trials. 1998; 19: 461-476
- Recruitment of participants for the Estrogen Replacement and Atherosclerosis (ERA) Trial: a comparison of costs, yields, and participant characteristics from community- and hospital-based recruitment strategies.Control Clin Trials. 2001; 22: 13-25
- Participant recruitment in the Antihypertensive and Lipid-Lowering Treatment to Prevent Heart Attack Trial (ALLHAT): for the ALLHAT Research Group.Control Clin Trials. 2001; 22: 674-686
- Telephone-based nursing intervention improves the effectiveness of the informed consent process in cancer clinical trials.J Clin Oncol. 1996; 14: 984-986
- Randomized trial of informed consent and recruitment for clinical trials in the immediate preoperative period.Anesthesiology. 1999; 91: 969-978
- How do doctors explain randomised clinical trials to their patients?.Eur J Cancer. 1999; 35: 1187-1193
- The conflicting roles of clinicians versus investigators in HIV randomised clinical trials.Culture Health Sexual. 2001; 3: 67-79
- New approach for recruitment into randomised controlled trials.Lancet (North Am Ed). 1993; 341: 812-813
- Nurses' unique roles in randomized clinical trials.J Prof Nurs. 1999; 15: 106-115
- Quality improvement report: improving design and conduct of randomised trials by embedding them in qualitative research: protect (prostate testing for cancer and treatment study).BMJ. 2002; 325: 766-770
- Patients' perceptions of equipoise are crucial to trial participation: a qualitative study of men in the ProtecT study.Control Clin Trials. 2003; 24: 272-282
☆ProtecT Study Group: John Anderson, Miranda Benney, Lucy Brindle, Sally Burton, Daniel Dedman, Ingrid Emmerson, Cath Ferguson, Stephen Frankel, John Goepel, Louise Goodwin, John Graham, David Gunnell, Christine Hardy, Helen Harris, Barbara Hattrick, Peter Holding, David Jewell, Clare Kennedy, Sue Kilner, Peter Kirkbride, Hing Leung, Teresa Mewes, Jon Oxley, Ian Pedley, Andrew Robinson, Mary Robinson, Liz Salter, Mark Sidaway, Carol Torrington, Lyn Wilkinson, Andrea Wilson.