Study Design and Setting
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Visual illusions created by survival curves and the need to avoid potential misinterpretation.Med Decis Making. 2002; 22: 238-244
- Cisplatin-based adjuvant chemotherapy in patients with completely resected non–small-cell lung cancer.N Engl J Med. 2004; 350: 351-360
- Survival analysis: a self-learning approach.2nd ed. Springer, New York, NY2005
- Hazard ratio in clinical trials.Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2004; 48: 2782-2792
- The hazards of hazard ratios.Epidemiology. 2010; 21: 13-15
- Interpreting measures of treatment effect in cancer clinical trials.Oncologist. 2002; 7: 181-187
- Ratio measures in leading medical journals: structured review of accessibility of underlying absolute risks.BMJ. 2006; 333: 1248
- On the use and utility of the Weibull model in the analysis of survival data.Control Clin Trials. 2003; 24: 682-701
- Sorafenib in advanced clear-cell renal-cell carcinoma.N Engl J Med. 2007; 356: 125-134
- Sample size tables for clinical studies.3rd ed. Wiley-Blackwell, Chichester, UK2008
- Robust estimators of the concordance correlation coefficient.J Biopharm Stat. 2001; 11: 83-105
- Statistical methods for assessing agreement between two methods of clinical measurement.Lancet. 1986; 1: 307-310
- K-ras mutations and benefit from cetuximab in advanced colorectal cancer.N Engl J Med. 2008; 359: 1757-1765
- The effect of group psychosocial support on survival in metastatic breast cancer.N Engl J Med. 2001; 345: 1719-1726
- Gefitinib or carboplatin–paclitaxel in pulmonary adenocarcinoma.N Engl J Med. 2009; 361: 947-957
- Cetuximab for the treatment of colorectal cancer.N Engl J Med. 2007; 357: 2040-2048
- High-dose daunorubicin in older patients with acute myeloid leukemia.N Engl J Med. 2009; 361: 1235-1248
- Meta-analysis when only the median survival times are known: a comparison with individual patient results.Int J Technol Assess Health Care. 2005; 21: 119-125
- Review of survival analyses published in cancer journals.Br J Cancer. 1995; 72: 511-518
- Impact factor: a valid measure of journal quality?.J Med Libr Assoc. 2003; 91: 41-46
- CONSORT 2010 explanation and elaboration: updated guidelines for reporting parallel group randomised trial.BMJ. 2010; 340: c869
Funding: This research received no specific grant from any funding agency in the public, commercial, or not-for-profit sectors.
Conflict of interest: The authors declare that there is no conflict of interest.